Our commitment to R&D
Through considerable investment in the field of R&D every year, we make our goal to reach the top of our profession very clear:
- Construction of a drying tower in 1973
- Creation of a UHT plant 1980
- Expansion into ready meals in the 1990s
- Setting up a processed cheese plant in 2001
- Production of MPC (Milk Protein Concentrate) in 2008
- Setting up a production line for baby food purées in 2013
- Extending our frozen food laboratory /R&D kitchen in 2013
- Setting up a breadmaking unit for frozen mini snacks in Pertre (East Brittany)
- Setting up new production lines at LE GALL and LE PETIT BASQUE in 2016-2017
- 1 R&D centre for frozen ready meals
- 1 R&D centre for dairy products, juice, soup and nutrition
Our R&D centres are fully equipped to pilot new products and test prototypes in conditions that mirror large scale production.
innovating without compromising on taste
The art of producing good, tasty food is at the heart of everything we do.
Our recipes are developed in partnership with chefs and expert cooks. For over 10 years we have been working closely with top chef Jean-Luc L’HOURRE, who was voted “Meilleur Ouvrier de France” in 2000 and has been awarded several Michelin stars.
We are also members and co-founders of the “Centre Culinaire Contemporain” in Rennes. This research centre is a real hothouse for creating new recipes and exploring, developing and testing new culinary ideas and techniques.
Each and every new creation is tested by a panel of consumers so that we can ensure our products are keeping up with the latest trends and meeting the needs of our customers.